Thursday, September 08, 2005

Foxy Grandma Bush

I just can't get enough of her. It saddens me that we haven't been able to get past our rivalry in the evil business, and just enjoy each other as human beings, because I admire her imperiousness so damn much. She toured the Houston Astrodome, which is crammed with (mostly black) survivors of Katrina, which, for the record, I had nothing to do with. She told a radio interviewer later that:
What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them.
That, children, is what we call a tart. The tart is made of bile. I don't want to eat the tart, but I will savour its harsh uncompromising beauty. Who cares about Jackie when there's a living ex-First Lady who does for spite what Jackie did for the pillbox hat? Besides, pillbox hats are gauche. Especially when they're pink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home