Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Recognizing potential

Part of being Dark Genius is recognizing genius in others. Naturally, sinister icons such as myself usually have inflated egos, and I myself am no exception. You can tell because instead of simply saying "I'm no exception," I inserted the pompous "myself" just to emphasize the singularity and hyperbolic nature of myself.

But myself is already getting off track. It pains me deeply to see brilliance go unrewarded. Take the case of hapless Carlos Owens, who built an 18-foot flamethrowing mechwarrior in his backyard, and now has to sell it on e-Bay for a mere $40 grand because nobody cares. (eBay link won't be up forever, kids)

And it's just really a shame. I'd hire the guy myself, myself would. Unfortunately, we're already way overstaffed in Alaska (a lot of old Cold War hacks I ought to "pension off"), and to be frank, my stable of mechwarriors would disassemble Mr. Owens' crappy NMX04-1A (and Mr. Owens) into their component parts before I eat the olive in my martini.

Plus, the bastard wants $8000 for shipping within the continental U.S. I hate those chiseling eBayers who cut you a deal on product only to rape you on the shipping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home